Sr. Manager, SDS Operations
Amazon’s expanding Logistics products and services (e.g. Amazon Logistics, Global Specialty Fulfillment, and Amazon Delivery Technology) are creating new customer segments, including drivers, recipients, shippers, property managers, global sellers and storage owners.
Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) is a customer service organization dedicated to create world class support for these new customer segments. To achieve our mission, we are looking for Sr. Manager – Operations who will be responsible for setting the vision and direction of your teams at our Hyderabad SDS Customer Service Center. You will lead a large team of 1000-1200 associates to improve customer experience, increase productivity and maintain service levels. The contact center provides support to customers across the globe for multiple business lines and across all communication channels. This is a senior-level management position that is fully accountable for the results of the reporting teams at the customer service center.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the teams under management.
- Understands and demonstrates Amazon’s core values and Leadership Principles.
- Carries out supervisory and management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Mentors others in developing Leadership behaviors.
- Hires, manages and develops high performing teams.
- Identifies individual strengths of team members and actively fosters career advancement within Amazon.
Actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday SDS practices.
- Works with the India Ops Leader for SDS, to determine strategy to achieve overall regional and site level goals. Shapes the direction of the team, keeps them focused and motivates them to deliver the right results.
Combines a deep cross-functional business understanding with a long-term industry wide strategic context for all decision making. Understands how to position the organization for success.
- Effectively applies best practices to all strategic decisions.
- Solves complex customer service issues by proactively identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality. Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization.
Maintains a complete and thorough understanding of technical systems in a complex automated customer service center.
- Implements change or develop new processes as necessary to provide the ability to better service multiple work types.
- Continually measures and evaluates all work processes using Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and other improvement methods.
- Develops and achieves performance goals and objectives in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- This position requires a candidate who has the ability to dive deep to include root cause analysis and develop action plans in support of driving process improvements and keep pace with our rapid growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a performance based culture in an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Demonstrates ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via clear written and oral communication.
- Demonstrates emotional maturity and grace under pressure in all communications.
- Builds positive productive relationships with many stakeholders and partners around the world.
- Overcomes time zone and geographic distance to drive cross functional initiatives and ensure compliance with business policies.
- Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business and regions.
- Acts as the thought leader and strategist for Customer Service’s voice and non voice support capabilities.
- Develops and drives strategies and programs which improve the competitive position of the company.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work hours based on business need.
- Strong commitment to leadership, employee development, and a keen interest in and familiarity with technical systems, in addition to an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, and intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability managing and developing large high performance teams of associates/managers is required along with demonstrated familiarity with general principles of workflow in an inbound call/email center, and current technologies to help manage that workflow.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Deep knowledge in continuous improvement methods such as Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, etc. is required.
- 12+ years or more management experience in a fast paced, rapidly changing operations environment. Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required.
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher, in operations, or a related field, is required.
- Experience in leading and motivating a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and grace under pressure in all communications and build positive productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- An advanced/master’s degree is preferred (Operations, Supply Chain, mathematics, stats, engineering, or science or an MBA).
- Experience in launching and scaling service operations across multiple cities would be preferred.
- PMP/PRINCE2, Six Sigma certifications