Assistant Vice President | Yes Bank
Job Title: UNIX Lead
Position Summary:-Constantly monitors performance of platforms and develops continual improvement programs to bring better quality of service to business critical applications; recommends enhancements & tools required to manage the UNIX platform. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical & troubleshooting skills to resolve production issues. The candidate will be expected to work on technology projects, and create an environment of knowledge sharing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing assigned UNIX staff.
- Manages the monitoring of availability, performance, and capacity of UNIX platforms.
- Establish partnerships with peers across department, act as a single team & Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues and strategies.
- Responsible for compliance with banks internal security policies and external regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborates with Information Security team to ensure adherence to security standards and procedures.
- Owns all UNIX platform services and ensures adequacy of and adherence to SLA’s.
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process improvements, trouble-shooting, production support, production operations and configuration management
- Manages UNIX platform like Solaris, AIX & Linux.
- Ensures that Life Cycle management is executed according to technology standards.
- Ensures selection & standardization of platforms which follow Architecture and Security standards and requirements.
- Works toward automation, repeatability, and standardization of processes as well improve existing automation to monitor baseline on new instances & Identifies continuous improvement.
- Ensures organization readiness and participation in all necessary disaster recovery activities.
- Collaborates with Architecture and the PMO to perform demand planning and ensure proper allocation of budgets, resources and timelines to complete all scheduled projects.
- Manage planning and strategy with business stakeholders, line-of-business operations staff.
- Monitors quality implementation of designed installation from design through testing and release into the production environment.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- 10 to 12 years of IT experience with focus on large integrations. Preferred experience in banking domain.
- 5+ years’ managing IT personnel, systems, and platforms.
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and planning, proven management/supervisory, and communication skills.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities and comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to set and manage priorities independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees.
- Expert in leading teams and managing UNIX systems and should be doing effective Project Management
- Virtualization Knowledge in Oracle Solaris environment (LDOMs/Zones).Sound Knowledge in Solaris 9/10/11 Operating system. Knowledge of VCS/SUN Cluster.
- Should have RHEL & AIX 6.1/7.1 sound knowledge.
- Able to handle most of basic to advanced calls in User, group management, system start-up, service modification, crontab entries, ACL modifications, file system management, root & ignite backups.
- Experience in Server Management, Backup, with the help of the tool provided. Any proactive monitoring tools i.e. open view, Tivoli, Big-brother, Data Protector Etc will be added Advantage.
- Should have sound knowledge in performance tuning, troubleshooting issues
- Should have used any backup management software i.e. Legato, Net backup, TSM, VERITAS, Omnibackup etc.
- Preferred Certification in SOLARIS/AIX/RHEL
- Graduate with Project management skills like PMP or Prince 2
- HCM ERP or Oracle Fusion and Taleo system related certification/training will be an added advantage
15 yrs of industry experience