Data Engineer | Colgate
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
Scope of Responsibility
This role will involve working with business analysts to understand needs and then developing the solution which entails planning, design, development and maintenance of our data repositories, pipeline and analytical solutions. The ideal candidate is self-driven and looking to build high-quality tools to provide actionable insights to our business partners to facilitate data-driven decision making. The candidate needs to be a self-starter – eager to learn new technologies, extract insights and value from data and how to leverage technology to deliver those insights. The candidate should also have an interest in analytics, focus on customer experience and design and intuitive visualization to ensure business users are getting the most from delivered tools.
Major position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- You are excited at the prospect of leveraging technology to solve complex data problems
- Build data applications on SAP BI/BW, HANA & Google cloud platform
- Design, develop, and maintain a world-class data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet business analysis, reporting needs, and data science initiatives
- Work directly with supply chain business users and data scientists to assist in project analysis
- Participate in the development and maintenance of ETL jobs and data pipelines to aggregate data from various on-premise, cloud platforms & external data sources
- Design and develop data marts for consumption by analytics tools and end-users
- Develop code standards, guidelines to manage and ensure data quality and integrity
- Optimize and scale data warehouse and data processing infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies and constantly work towards continuous improvements in data engineering, our platform, and the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information
- Systems or another quantitative field is preferred
- At least 4 years of experience as a Data Engineer role.
- At least 1 year of experience in SAP data warehousing & analytical tools like Tableau etc.
- Demonstrates ability in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing”big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with data warehousing platforms/storage platforms such as SAP BW/HANA
- Experience with SAP data extractors, SAP Integration tools like SLT, SDI & understanding of Supply chain processes is preferred
- Experience with cloud data warehousing/Big data environments like Snowflakes, Bigquery, Google cloud storage, etc is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with data pipelines and streaming frameworks such as Pubsub, Spark, Airflow, Kafka etc
- Experience with RDBMS; NoSQL experience also encouraged
- Ability to embrace, learn, and apply new technologies and tools
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical teams