Ministry of Defence Jobs Vacancy 2020-21
Deputy Planning Officer
Department of Defence Production,
Ministry of Defence on deputation basis
I am directed to state that one post of deputy officer Naval System-Modernization is likely to fall vacant shortly in the Directorate of planning and coordination, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence. The ibid post is required to be filled by transfer on deputation.
As per existing Recruitment Rules and Establishment norms of the Date of P & C, for all India Central Government civilian cadre, the applicant for the ibid post should be holding the regular post of Deputy Secretary/Joint Director or their equivalent counterpart in IOFS/DRDO/DPSUs.
However, as far as officers of the Armed forces are concerned, the applicant should be holding the substantive rank of Lt Col / Cdr / Wg CDR from Army/Navy/Air Force respectively.
2) Deputy Planning Officer (Naval System Modernization)
The job involves the following:
- Monitoring and rendering technical advice in matters relating to planning and progressing of shipbuilding projects, Modernization thereof, for the Indian Navy. this would require an understanding of the shipbuilding procedures, agencies, working of Defence shipyards.
- Carry out technical scans in the field of shipbuilding, Naval Systems and shipyard being updated of the direction in which the technology is moving and state of the art in the different subsystem.
- Carry out a technical assessment of the qualitative requirement, AON of naval proposals forwarded by the Naval Headquarters for categorization and render advice on the proposals to the Department for the formulation of comments by the Department of Defence Production, Also offer, Technical support work relating to Naval System Division in DDP, SMDIC, categorization to naval System sector.
- Appraisal and appreciation of Techno-Economic proposals of indigenous manufacture of Ex-import, Transfer of Technology, License manufacturing in the field of various systems/equipment for the Navy.
- Advice on the maintenance and logistic support aspects connected with naval Dockyards and evolving suitable procedures/directives in consultation with service HQrs.
a) Staff College course, Experience, and knowledge of shipborne Equipment, Electronic and Weapon platforms.
b) The overall performance of the officer should be well above average
Terms of Deputation:
- The period of deputation, as per existing Recruitment rules of the Date of P&C for the post-Dy planning officer, shall not ordinarily exceed four years.
- The pay of the officer selected on reputation will be regulated as per existing government orders instruction.
- The officer applying for the above deputation post must have a residual service of 05 years with effect from the date of issue of this vacancy circular.
- Officers, who volunteer for the post will not be permitted to withdraw their names late unilaterally.
How to Apply
Application as per the attached Proforma duly recommended by the concerned administrative authorities and ACR Dossier / Authenticated copies of last 5 years ACRs/APARs of eligible/willing officer who can be spared in the event of their selection for the full tenure may be forwarded so as to reach Dy Dir (Adm & Coord), Ministry of Defence, Directorate of planning & coordination, Room No 90, B/Block, DHQ PO, New Delhi – 110011 within 45 days of the date of issue of this circular.
The Candidates who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently and undertaking be furnished accordingly.
- The application should be forwarded as per attached proforma only. Record of service in respect of service officer can be correct and no disciplinary / vigilance case is pending/contemplated against the officer
- The administrative authority should render a certificate to the effect that the particulars furnished by the officers are correct and no disciplinary / vigilance case is pending/contemplated against the officers
- All addressees are requested to give wide publicity to this circular. Service HQrs are requested to upload/advertise the above vacancy.
Circular on their respective websites. The same is also being uploaded by this date on the website of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence www.ddpmod.gov.in under the hyperlink Vacancy & Circular, with the heading “Vacancy circular for the post of DPO
(Application for the post of DPO (NS-M)
- Name & Address in Block letters
- Date of Birth (in Christian ara)
- Date of retirement under Central/State Govt. Rules
- Educational Qualification
- Whether Education and other Qualification required for the post are satisfaction