Software Development Manager – Amazon
Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) owns the technology components that perform financial activities for the transportation business. These systems are used across all transportation programs and retail expansion to new geographies. TFS systems provide invoice creation & management, expense auditing, accounting, payments and cost allocation functions. Our vision is to develop a global product suite for all freight modes touching every single package movement across the world and reconcile every dollar in transportation financial accounts. Our mission is to abstract logistics complexities from the financial world and financial complexities from the logistics world. There are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise in the financial system as well as transportation.
This position is for a leader in Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) organization. TFS mainly caters to the number of payable use cases today. We are expanding our product portfolio to support the amount receivable that need major architectural enhancements along with building new systems. The team responded to drive this already owns few critical services and has the charter to build systems that will improve the experience of our customers. As a leader on the team, you will be responsible for critical systems, guide your team through the design, development, and deployment of a range of products dealing with near real-time SLAs. You will have to deal with challenges of high availability guarantee, low latency and high throughput. In addition, you will build and manage roadmaps for developing cutting edge experiences. You will have sound technical acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You are a true owner – you are deeply interested in product design, architecture, and you innovate relentlessly on behalf of our customers. We are a global team and build our solutions for global use.
This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with our global product teams and customers across the world and other tech teams in the organization as we raise the bar in delivering innovation.
– Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycles, influence software engineers best practices for your team and own operational metrics
– Work with business leaders and product managers to define product requirements.
– Prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
– Work with engineers to define technical requirements and architect and execute best-in-class implementations in an agile manner
– Build and maintain world-class customer experience and operational excellence for your deliverables
– Hire, manage, mentor and grow a high-performance team of Software Engineers
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development management
- Proficiency in, at least, one programming language such as Java, Scala, C#, C++ etc
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions
- Ability to think critically and actively contribute to strategic choices.
- 5+ years of experience in managing development teams working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- 5+ years of experience in managing large scale software development teams following Agile development processes.
- Strong skills in project planning & execution, problem-solving. Ability to take a project from initial scoping requirements through actual launch and support of the project
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions.
- Deep, hands-on technical expertise in high scale, service-oriented architectures
- Exposure to Elastic Map Reduces and Machine Learning programs.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant
- Strong business and technical vision
- Good understanding of web services